John McCain’s Superstitons
John McCain and his staff are running an OCD campaign.
- McCain won’t take a salt shaker from a passer’s hand.
- He tosses salt over his shoulder when he spills some.
- He won’t throw a hat on a bed (bad luck).
- He carries a lucky feather, a lucky compass, and a lucky penny – and nickel, and quarter.
- He’ll claim a lucky coin only if it’s found heads-up.
- He carries a four-leaf-clover in his wallet.
- National press secretary Brooke Buchanan knocks on wood whenever there’s talk of winning in November.
- Advisor Mark Salter won’t shave until November.
Of course many of us have these little things we do. Sometimes when I walk up a staircase I make sure to begin with my left foot. And the toilet paper has to be over, not under.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2008 Liberaland