Newsweek is reporting that things weren’t quite so rosy at Camp McCain once Sarah Palin became his ticketmate.
- Palin’s shopping spree was larger than originally thought at McCain’s team fumed at her “outrageous profligacy.”
- She was told to buy three suits and get a stylist, but she went way beyond that with purchases of clothes and accessories for her family at high-end stores. The bill was “tens of thousands” more than the $150,000 previously reported, with $20,000 to $40,000 spent on Todd Palin.
- A wealthy donor was shocked when he saw the bill.
- Low-level staffers were asked to charge items to their credit cards.
- McCain rarely spoke to Palin during the campaign, and his aides didn’t want him to know about her spending.
- Palin wanted to speak Tuesday night but campaign strategist Steve Schmidt vetoed that idea.
- In St. Paul at the convention, McCain advisers Mark Salter and Steve Schmidt went to Palin’s room to brief her and she met them wearing only a towel.
Copyright 2008 Liberaland