How Much Do You Really Know About Religion?
A recent Pew survey showed how little Americans know about religion, even their own faiths. Nicholas Kristof has a fascinating quiz on the topic, and the answers are surprising.
- The Old Testament says a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night should be stoned to death.
- Islam teaches that Jesus is a prophet to be revered.
- The Old and New Testaments and the Quran are all sympathetic to slavery.
- Jesus never expresses a view on homosexuality.
- “Repel the evil deed with one which is better,” is in the Quran. In other words, respond to evil with kindness.
- Muhammad had at least one Jewish wife.
- St. Paul is quoted as saying women should stay silent during services.
Copyright 2010 Liberaland