Steve Benen takes down Mitt better than Newt did, chronicling his lies from the past week.
- Romney told voters in New Hampshire, “I know what it’s like to worry whether you’re gonna get fired. There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”
That’s not true.
- After winning the New Hampshire primary, Romney said of the president, “He lost our AAA credit rating.”
In reality, it was congressional Republicans who were responsible for the downgrade.
- In the same speech, Romney said of Obama, “He apologizes for America”
Romney’s still lying.
- Romney told a debate audience why he didn’t seek re-election as governor: “That would be about me. I was tryin’ to help get the state in best shape as I possibly could. Left the world of politics, went back into business.”
He’s lying — Romney didn’t re-enter the private sector after leaving the governor’s office; he transitioned to a presidential campaign.
- Romney talked about savings he’d find in the budget: “[T]he number one to cut is Obamacare. That saves $95 billion a year.”
Actually, that’s backwards. Repealing the Affordable Care Act would cost the nation billions and increase the deficit.
- Romney argued during a debate, “[I]n the business I had, we invested in over 100 different businesses and net-net, taking out the ones where we lost jobs and those that we added, those businesses have now added over 100,000 jobs.
That’s so blatantly untrue the Romney campaign has started moving the goal post.
Copyright 2012 Liberaland