Posted by | March 25, 2012 10:08 | Filed under: Top Stories

The United States has given $50,000 to each family who lost a loved one in the civilian shooting spree that killed 17 Afghans.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor’s office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.

A U.S. official confirmed that compensation had been paid but declined to discuss exact amounts, saying only that it reflected the devastating nature of the incident. The official spoke anonymously because of the sensitive nature of the subject.

Pictured are Afghan villagers praying over the grave of one of the shooting victims.

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Liberaland
By: Alan

Alan Colmes is the publisher of Liberaland.