Where Chick-Fil-A Puts Its Money
via Global Grind:
- Chick-fil-A has spent $5 million between 2003 and 2010 on anti-gay organizations and hate groups, including $2 million in 2010 alone.
- Some of the other anti-gay organizations and hate groups Chick-fil-A’s money has supported include Marriage & Family Foundation, Fellowship Of Christian Athletes, and the Georgia Family Council.
- The Family Research Council (FRC) is a certified anti-gay hate group, according to equalitymatters.org.
- Chick-fil-A also supports organizations that have claimed they can change gay people into straight people.
- In January of 2011, Chick-fil-A co-sponsored a marriage conference along with the Pennsylvania Family Institute (PFI), an organization that seeks to “strengthen families by restoring to public life the traditional, foundational principles and values essential for the well-being of society.”
- PFI had filed a brief against the trial ruling, striking down Proposition 8 in California; they also lobbied against a state effort to ban discrimination in Pennsylvania on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.