Posted by | October 22, 2012 14:44 | Filed under: Top Stories

U.S. intelligence agencies say they have found no links to al Qaeda in the Benghazi attacks.

The attack was “carried out following a minimum amount of planning,” said a U.S. intelligence official, who, like others, spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a matter still under investigation. “The attackers exhibited a high degree of disorganization. Some joined the attack in progress, some did not have weapons and others just seemed interested in looting.”

A second U.S. official added, “There isn’t any intelligence that the attackers pre-planned their assault days or weeks in advance.” Most of the evidence so far suggests that “the attackers launched their assault opportunistically after they learned about the violence at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo” earlier that day, the official said.

Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2012 Liberaland
By: Alan

Alan Colmes is the publisher of Liberaland.