‘Full Scale Civil War': Republicans Vs. Tea Party
That’s what one Republican calls the relationship between the Republican Party and the Tea Party: “Full Scale Civil War.”
House Speaker John Boehner, whose strategies have been repeatedly thwarted by Tea Party revolts in recent years, was blunt today when asked whether he thought the ultra-conservatives should get in line.
“I don’t care what they do,” Boehner replied.
The speaker lashed out at Tea Party activists.
“Well, frankly, I think they’re misleading their followers,” House Speaker John Boehner told reporters today. “I think they’re pushing our members in places where they don’t want to be.”
“And frankly, I just think that they’ve lost all credibility,” Boehner said.
And the Tea Party bites back:
“It’s just another example of D.C. elitism. They think they know what’s best for the rest of the country and they want us to just sit down and shut up,” Jenny Beth Martin, co-founder of Tea Party Patriots, told ABC News today.
Wednesday brought a double dose of betrayal from Republican leadership, in the tea party’s view.
The budget proposal crafted by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-W.I., and Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., was warmly embraced by Republican leadership.
The tea party followers believe the deal was inadequate, but they were also angered when Boehner slammed outside groups for their ” ridiculous” criticism of the deal.
Now read this:
- Former Anti-Obscenity Tea Party Candidate Arrested On Child Porn Charges (May 27, 2015)
- Terrified ‘Tea Party Patriot’ Worried His Obamacare Will Be Taken Away (Apr 15, 2015)
- Arrrrrr! ‘Pirate Party’ On Rise In Iceland (Mar 15, 2015)
- Tea Party Radio Host: Black Democrats Who Avoid Netanyahu Speech Should Be ‘Hanging From A Noose’ (Mar 2, 2015)
- Tea Party Leader: Obama ‘Hates This Nation'; Thinks It’s A Muslim Country (Feb 23, 2015)
- Tea Party News Network Staffers Resign En Masse Citing ‘Despicable Practices’ (Feb 19, 2015)
Alan Colmes is the publisher of Liberaland.