State Legislator Subpoenas Gov. Christie In Growing ‘Bridgegate’ Scandal
The scandal surrounding the closing of New Jersey lanes to the George Washington Bridge for a “traffic study” that didn’t exist just keeps growing to the glee of both Democrats and Tea Party presidential wannabes. And now, the subpoenas started flying:
The Democratic lawmaker investigating September’s controversial lane closures at the George Washington Bridge has subpoenaed any correspondence on the matter between Gov. Chris Christie and Port Authority officials.
Assemblyman John Wisnieswki (D-Middlesex) wants to know what the governor knew about the closures and when he knew it.
The subpoenas, issued to key officials of the bistate agency, demanded “all documents and correspondence, produced between Aug. 1, 2013 and the present date between Governor Chris Christie or any member of his administration and/or any employee, officer, or executive of the Port Authority.” The subpoenas give the officials until Thursday to respond.
Abruptly and without warning, the agency closed two of three local access lanes Sept. 9 to 13, turning Fort Lee streets into a parking lot for five days and angering commuters and local officials accustomed to advance notice.
Christie has denied any involvement in the closures, which have attracted national attention due to the Republican governor’s widely anticipated run for president in 2016. The Democratic National Committee and a group with ties to Hillary Clinton, a potential Democratic candidate for the White House, have pounced on the scandal.
Now read this:
- Chris Christie: I Will Punch The Teacher’s Union ‘In The Face’ Because They ‘Deserve It’ (Aug 2, 2015)
- Christie: I’ll pardon Legal Gun Owners Arrested In N.J. (Aug 2, 2015)
- Christie Would Stop All Legal Marijuana As President (Jul 29, 2015)
- Paul Campaign Calls Christie’s Comments ‘Shameful’, ‘Disgusting’ (Jul 17, 2015)
- Christie: If We’re Attacked It’s Rand Paul’s Fault (Jul 6, 2015)
- Christie Promises Supreme Court Justices Who Would Strike Down Obamacare, Gay Marriage (Jul 5, 2015)
Dave "Doctor" Gonzo is a renegade record producer, writer, reformed corporate shill, and still-registered lobbyist for non-one-percenter performing artists and musicians. He lives in a heavily fortified compound in one of Manhattan's less trendy neighborhoods.
Our Readers Say ...
Hot Off The Liberaland Press…
- Angry Woman At IHOP: ‘Speak English! We Don’t Want The Nazis Back!’
- Bernie Sanders Refuses To Say Hillary Clinton Is Honest and Trustworthy
- Michelle: ‘I Would Be Beyonce’
- Chris Christie: I Will Punch The Teacher’s Union ‘In The Face’ Because They ‘Deserve It’
- Singer Cilla Black Dead At 72
- Teen Stabbed At Gay Pride Parade Dies
- Trump Pressed On Flip-Flops On Hillary, Perry, Jeb