State Legislator Subpoenas Gov. Christie In Growing ‘Bridgegate’ Scandal
The scandal surrounding the closing of New Jersey lanes to the George Washington Bridge for a “traffic study” that didn’t exist just keeps growing to the glee of both Democrats and Tea Party presidential wannabes. And now, the subpoenas started flying:
The Democratic lawmaker investigating September’s controversial lane closures at the George Washington Bridge has subpoenaed any correspondence on the matter between Gov. Chris Christie and Port Authority officials.
Assemblyman John Wisnieswki (D-Middlesex) wants to know what the governor knew about the closures and when he knew it.
The subpoenas, issued to key officials of the bistate agency, demanded “all documents and correspondence, produced between Aug. 1, 2013 and the present date between Governor Chris Christie or any member of his administration and/or any employee, officer, or executive of the Port Authority.” The subpoenas give the officials until Thursday to respond.
Abruptly and without warning, the agency closed two of three local access lanes Sept. 9 to 13, turning Fort Lee streets into a parking lot for five days and angering commuters and local officials accustomed to advance notice.
Christie has denied any involvement in the closures, which have attracted national attention due to the Republican governor’s widely anticipated run for president in 2016. The Democratic National Committee and a group with ties to Hillary Clinton, a potential Democratic candidate for the White House, have pounced on the scandal.
Now read this:
- Christie Already Going Nasty (Apr 19, 2015)
- Christie Flip-Flops On Vaccines (Apr 15, 2015)
- Christie: ‘If I Run I Will Beat Hillary Clinton’ (Apr 15, 2015)
- Christie Wants To Ban Abortions After 20 Weeks (Mar 30, 2015)
- Man Told by Christie To ‘Sit Down And Shut Up’ Running For Office (Mar 25, 2015)
- Christie Must Be Serious: He’s Playing The God Card (Mar 25, 2015)
Dave "Doctor" Gonzo is a renegade record producer, writer, reformed corporate shill, and still-registered lobbyist for non-one-percenter performing artists and musicians. He lives in a heavily fortified compound in one of Manhattan's less trendy neighborhoods.
Our Readers Say ...
Hot Off The Liberaland Press…
- Jumps To Death Off George Washington Bridge
- Christie Already Going Nasty
- Lindsey Graham Compares Hillary To Kim Jong-Un
- How Recreational Pot Can Make You Happy
- Mandatory Question For All GOP Candidates
- New ISIS Video Purportedly Shows Beheading Of Ethiopian Christians
- Twitter Could Predict Emergency Room Rush Hours