State Legislator Subpoenas Gov. Christie In Growing ‘Bridgegate’ Scandal
The scandal surrounding the closing of New Jersey lanes to the George Washington Bridge for a “traffic study” that didn’t exist just keeps growing to the glee of both Democrats and Tea Party presidential wannabes. And now, the subpoenas started flying:
The Democratic lawmaker investigating September’s controversial lane closures at the George Washington Bridge has subpoenaed any correspondence on the matter between Gov. Chris Christie and Port Authority officials.
Assemblyman John Wisnieswki (D-Middlesex) wants to know what the governor knew about the closures and when he knew it.
The subpoenas, issued to key officials of the bistate agency, demanded “all documents and correspondence, produced between Aug. 1, 2013 and the present date between Governor Chris Christie or any member of his administration and/or any employee, officer, or executive of the Port Authority.” The subpoenas give the officials until Thursday to respond.
Abruptly and without warning, the agency closed two of three local access lanes Sept. 9 to 13, turning Fort Lee streets into a parking lot for five days and angering commuters and local officials accustomed to advance notice.
Christie has denied any involvement in the closures, which have attracted national attention due to the Republican governor’s widely anticipated run for president in 2016. The Democratic National Committee and a group with ties to Hillary Clinton, a potential Democratic candidate for the White House, have pounced on the scandal.
Now read this:
- Chris Christie: The Media Owes Me An Apology (May 24, 2015)
- Republican Senator Accuses Christie Of ‘Political Pornography’ (May 22, 2015)
- Chris Christie Goes Into Profane Rant (May 21, 2015)
- Chris Christie Wishes Media Would Please Cover Hillary Clinton’s Emails (May 21, 2015)
- Christie Claims NJ Citizens Don’t Want Him To Be President Because They Love Him Too Much (May 19, 2015)
- Missouri House Speaker Resigning After Sexting Scandal (May 14, 2015)
Dave "Doctor" Gonzo is a renegade record producer, writer, reformed corporate shill, and still-registered lobbyist for non-one-percenter performing artists and musicians. He lives in a heavily fortified compound in one of Manhattan's less trendy neighborhoods.
Our Readers Say ...
Hot Off The Liberaland Press…
- O’Malley Is In
- Ben And Jerry: We Were Longshots Once, Just Like Bernie Sanders
- Ex-Marine Anti-Muslim Rally Organizer In Hiding
- Poll: Who Has Better ‘Family Values’?
- ‘Christians’ Surround Mosque With Rifles At Prayer Time
- Schieffer: ‘We Now Don’t Know Where People Get Their News’
- Paul McCartney Gives Up Marijuana